29 May 2007

OP LOFTBED SCHOLARSHIP

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I came across a FASTWEB Scholarship online today. It's actually a fascinating scholarship because it doesn't follow the "I deserve scholarship money" essay format. Instead, I was just suppose to creatively answer 4 different questions that were given. Oh and also attend an accredited college or university in the 2007-2008 school year. Since I'm deciding between Cal State LA or Cal State San Marcos, then I definitely apply to this scholarship. The scholarship is called the OP LOFTBED scholarship and is found at their OPLOFTBED WEBSITE. Anyway, here were the questions, and my hopefully creatively thought-out answers:

1) If you could trade places with someone for 24 hours, who would it be and why? (Answer must be between 80 and 120 words.)I would trade places with the infamous, Miss Britney Spears! She has lived through it all, from big to small. By the 25th hour, I would have experienced a life unlike many others. I grew up as a Mouseketeer, performed with the ever-so-popular boy band named NSync, won a Grammy, have married twice with one annulment and a divorce along the way, and have 2 beautiful baby boys within a two year increment. In addition to my success, I would gain weight and lose it, party with Paris Hilton, and above all, have the money to build my own bed from OP Loftbed. Oh, and an OP Loftbed for each of my baby boys! (They 'Drive me Crazy').

2) What is the greatest "life lesson" that you have learned so far in your life? (Answer must be between 80 and 120 words.)"ALWAYS WEAR CLEAN UNDERWEAR." I remember when I was 15 years old and went to the beach with a few of my friends. My father taught me the "change under the towel trick" whenever I needed to change from my underwear into shorts. Apparently I didn't change my underwear that day and we all know how messy that could look like. As I was performing my father's little secret, the wind picked up speed and my towel flew away. I literally ran to catch my underwear, naked, until it hit the girl I had a crush on. She picked it up, saw my mess, and shared it with her friends. Since then, I'll always remember to wear clean underwear.

3) What is the coolest thing you have ever found? (Answer must be 120 words or less.)
oploftbed.com (this answer was based on how I follow directions) In the DIRECTIONS portion, they told me to answer question 3 just by typing nothing else other than "oploftbed.com"

4) What book, written in the last 200 years, has had the biggest impact on your life? Why do you feel others should read it too? (Answer must be between 80 and 120 words.) "Green Eggs and Ham" By Dr. Seuss. It's a bright and colorful children's book, literally, about a weird looking guy named Sam who is trying to convince his friend (who for some reason has no name) to try green eggs and ham. I remember reading the book as a kid, curious as to why the eggs were green in the first place. In the end, the unknown friend finally gave in and accepted Sam's offer, having whole world party like it's 1999! After writing this, I realized how much this book impacted my life, especially on new experiences. No matter how ugly a situation or food entry appears to be, you will never know unless you try.

Anyhow, I hope I get the $500 scholarship. I'm suppose to find out no later than mid August. Till then, lets just hope and pray.

1 comment:

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

That must be the coolest scholarship essay evarrr! I had to write 1200 words for my scholarships about stuff like history and government and how cranberries impacted one's life (don't ask. the scholarship was from a cranberry farm). After all that work, I got nothing. huhuhu. Good Luck! hope you get it! Ciao!