31 May 2007

First Day on the Job


Boy what a day. My day started off earlier than normal considering the fact that I had to wake up early for my first day of my new job. I know I may be complaining about the earliness, but I know when I look back at this blog a year from now, this would all be baby steps.

So my work environment. I'm basically working in a cubical, the standard working place in a business setting. Although I was getting a little ZzZz on the job, my motivation this time was honestly the money. I have not had a job in a little over 2 months and I've been feeling degraded for missing out on most of life's opportunities, especially with the friends.

The people were nice. I sat next to this older filipino lady who helped me out with a lot of my work. Which leads me to a subtopic. Why is it that everytime I meet a new filipino person, the first thing the ask me is DO YOU SPEAK TAGALOG? When I say no, but explain that I understand a few phrases, they go all ballistic on me, LIKE ITS A CRIME THAT I DON'T FLUENTLY SPEAK TAGALOG. Anyway, then she asked if I've ever been to the Philippines. When I told her that I NEVER BEEN TO THE PHILIPPINES, she tripped up twice as much. It's not that I never had the opportunity to go, because my parents go every year, it's just that I've been so focused with school where it would conflict if I did decide to go. And plus, I WILL BE GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES FOR THE FIRST TIME in the end of June. Kapish?

I also met this other fella, a cool guy named Chris. He helped me out with the third thing I had to do today. It was really interesting talking to him because he is invovled in dancing and even knows some people that I knew as well. Since Jaybe is into dancing, we had a dancing conversation and he told me that he danced for Cal State Fullerton's TEAM MILLENIA for a couple of years and still supports FUNKANOMETRY, a dance team in San Diego. And then, when I told Lerissa, who coaches my high school alumni dance team, she knew him too! Turns out that he's a well-known choreographer in our area, and is respected in the hip hop dance community. So yeah, that was cool.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired. I should be going to sleep soon. Oh and my boyfriend Jaybe has been updating his blog like no other and even joined the PLUBLOGS community. Check him and his hot pictures out at JAYBIO.

As for now..goodnighters!

Oh. and Happy Birthday Dad. Wish you were here. I Love You.

---------------------------

TACTOLOGY IN PHOTOGRAPHY



JAYBE AND ME in Glendale, Ca

---------------------------

CELEBRITY OF THE DAY



NICOLE RICHIE
A woman who can make fashion an endless journey.

3 comments:

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

I can understand how you feel about the Tagalog thing. I can still speak Tagalog but my filipino friends when I was growing up couldn't. So they had to listen to their parents' incessant nagging of "why can't you speak tagalog like John?!?!" I found it funny. It really doesn't matter. But it does help when you're in Manila while haggling in Divisoria or arguing with a taxi driver over the exorbitant cab fare he charged you. Enjoy the Philippines!
Ciao!
P.S.You and Jaybe look Adorable!

Ahuh said...

Hope to meet you here in manila in june!!! I'm sure you gonna find cool places and people here in the philippines

Anonymous said...

ha, I will test my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Murk